Flexxaire Inc. is a progressive and innovative company focused on designing and manufacturing fans for diesel engines. Based in Edmonton, Flexxaire serves a variety of industries throughout Canada and around the world.
Flexxaire competes globally in the manufacturing industry by continually improving processes and using the highest quality machines to their full capabilities. The manufacturing processes include research and design components, low volume, high production, complex machining, and robotic machine tending.
While having excellent machines is one advantage, having great employees operating the machines is essential to the continuous success of Flexxaire.
Reporting to the Production Manager, Flexxaire is currently recruiting a CNC Machinist to join the capable and growing production team.
The following experience is required:
- Completion of CNC machinist certificate from NAIT or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years work experience in machining
- In-depth knowledge of all measuring tools and equipment, as well as appropriate use and care for these tools and equipment
- Advanced knowledge of all safety practices
The following experience is an asset:
- Working with Mori Seiki horizontal, mill-turn, and multi-axis machines
- Working in robotic cells
The following qualities are required:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills
- High level of initiative in problem-solving machining problems
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Set-up, prove out part programs and run production on multi-axis CNC lathes and mills
- Examine and inspect the first part produced to ensure quality
- Perform all necessary machine maintenance
- Use equipment properly
- Keep all work areas clean and organized
- Strive to meet quotas without compromising quality
- Train and mentor other employees within the production team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Flexxaire offers competitive wages, profit sharing, and a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Send your Application.